We are looking for an energetic, creative and passionate individual to join our core infrastructure development team. In this role, you will get to work across many different aspects of the stack: deployment, server side programming, security, cloud architecture, distributed Linux systems, performance and monitoring. We are responsible for running all of Thoughtexchange’s cloud infrastructure.
Our team keenly observes technology trends but strives to balance practical business concerns with technical requirements. Some of our core principles are: agreement culture, infrastructure as code and automating repeatable tasks. This is a technical role, but we are willing to mentor you if you are motivated to learn. We are an inclusive team where everyone treats each other with respect.
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, maintain, automate, scale and monitor the core infrastructure used to run the Thoughtexchange platform
- Implement backend services and API endpoints to help drive product initiatives
- Work with a modern cloud-native stack that includes Ubuntu, Git, Python, PostgreSQL, NSQ, Consul, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Redis
- Collaborate with other team members to triage bugs and troubleshoot complex issues across the entire stack
- Pursue architecture and tooling improvements so we can ship code faster and more confidently
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, Linux operating systems and relational databases
- Passionate about building reliable distributed systems and you understand trade-offs made when engineering a feature
- Knowledge of how the web works, comfortable diving deep into HTTP, TCP/IP and IPTables
- Thoughtful about data architecture, data migration and database performance tuning
- Strong communication skills, you’re excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with different audiences
- Willingness to work with a remote and distributed team. You are able to work independently and efficiently and you have the confidence to ask questions when you need to make progress efficiently
Mutual respect and reciprocation is the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
- We’re a cloud-based software platform which enables customers to lead online group conversations with anywhere from five to fifty thousand people.
- Our patented algorithms analyze large volumes of data to provide deep insights for our customers, allowing them to make informed decisions on things that matter within their communities and organizations.
- Over 140 inspired people work here. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
- Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels and we just closed a $20M Series B with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
- Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. Whether it’s TGIF gatherings, bbqs, or a bunch of us hanging out in the office after hours to watercolour, watch the NHL playoffs or World Cup, or stick around after work and socialize, run, bike or ski, we like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace.
- Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office and collaborate with teammates in our three offices throughout the Lower Mainland and Kootenays.
At Thoughtexchange, we make better decisions and build better products by supporting, encouraging and celebrating the diverse voices of our employees. We recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves and the communities we live in. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?