The next 10 years will be dominated by community-driven companies. But creating a successful community is often difficult and time consuming.
Commsor helps companies and teams build better communities. We're creating powerful tools including analytics, automation, a member CRM, and more. You'll be joining a well-funded, fully distributed team with ambitious goals, and have the ability to make a direct and lasting impact on the team and product.
We're committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
ℹ️ About this role
We're looking for a product-minded software engineer. You will be our third engineer, and will be essential in shaping the early features and functionality of our fast-growing community product, our culture and processes. You will have direct access to our primary users as well as a strong influence on the technology used to solve our problems.
What will you do at Commsor?
- Help shape our product and technology roadmap — what should we be building in 3 - 6 -12 months and what will we need?
- Work directly with founding team, Mac (CEO), Dominic (CTO) & John (Engineer)
- Analyze upcoming features as a member of the Product team — question why we are building something, and describe how we can deliver it
- Deliver changes to frontend and backend code and infrastructure in a continuous and agile way, in order to achieve our product goals
- Ensure the availability and quality of our product by monitoring and responding to alerts and bug reports
- Work with a high level of autonomy in a remote, asynchronous way
Here's what we're looking for
🏗 Engineering experience and passion
You've worked as a software engineer and you know what it takes to create great software. You can create effective and simple solutions to problems quickly, and communicate your ideas clearly to your teammates.
You love building products and you care about the details of creating a great user experience. You have an interest in the business use cases and the impact your work will have for users. You can balance your consideration of the product and user requirements with technical complexity and implementation details to make appropriate decisions when things are unclear.
✨ Organizational and project management
You are highly organized and able to self-manage projects in a fast-moving company. You are able to take high level goals and break them down into achievable steps.
🌍 Distributed work
You are comfortable working in a distributed, asynchronous environment. We recognize that being a distributed team comes with its own rewards and challenges, and are committed to building a robust remote workplace.
💬 Effective communication
You're great at communicating, without requiring meetings. If something is unclear you reach out and ask questions. You're comfortable owning, communicating and presenting information on specific projects or initiatives, both in writing and in person.
Tools & skills you'll be using
We use Clojure for all of our server-side code, using the Edge framework from JUXT, backed by PostgreSQL. Our frontend is a mixture of ES6 JSX and ClojureScript, built using Figwheel Main and we use React for our UIs, and a custom Sass framework based off of Spectre.css. We use AWS for our infrastructure.
For keeping organized, we use Clubhouse, Notion, and Slack.
👉 How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- "Commsor - Software Engineer Application" as the subject line of the email
- A short intro about yourself and why Commsor interests you
- Your résumé
- Github or other relevant public links to your work
- Application is reviewed by CEO and CTO
- Initial video chat with CEO
- Video interview with CTO
- Reference calls
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?