Senior iOS Developer
Highrise is a mobile game and community that generates meaningful human connections on a massive scale. In Highrise, people can make avatars, design art and environments and meet new friends. We are building on the spirit of applications like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Minecraft, Habbo Hotel and Second Life.
Over 3 million people create avatars, chat and make friends in Highrise. We are a fully remote team of 25 backed by YCombinator, Bessemer, Maveron and other leading investors.
About the Role
Do you live and breathe Cocoa, Swift, and all things iOS? Do you have WWDC and apple announcements marked on your calendar? Do you want to join a fast moving Y Combinator startup that has a proven business model and millions of users?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast growing team at Highrise!
We are looking for a senior iOS developer with experience shipping polished production apps. The perfect candidate will be well versed in Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, and be comfortable jumping straight into a production app with millions of users.
Extra bonus points if you're involved in the open source community or have experience working with C++ or game development.
This role, along with our entire company, is remote.
The compensation for this role will be $70-$100k USD with meaningful equity depending on qualifications.
As Senior iOS Developer you will:
- Own the iOS stack of Highrise - used by over 3 million users and growing
- Be one of two iOS engineers on our small and fast moving team
- Work alongside our C++, Android, and backend developers
- Design and architect new features in Swift
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
- Work in a remote team (be any where in the world)
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…
- Have minimum of 5 years of iOS dev experience (obj-c or swift)
- Have experience developing at least one live iOS application
- Be up to date with latest iOS features
- Know the ins and outs of iOS to fully exploit its capabilities
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in english at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
Within 3 months you'll…
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Architect new features on your own
- Contribute core features and changes to our app with millions of users
- Work jointly with 1 other iOS developer, 1 core C++ developer, 2 Android developers, and 2 backend developers
- Design brand new features with the help of other team members
Within 6 months you'll…
- Own the iOS stack
- Contribute to the C++ codebase and game engine
- Contribute to the direction of Highrise, both in terms of product and technical
- Assist other team members to work with the iOS platform
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?