WebRTC Video Systems Engineer
> We're hiring a Video Systems Engineer! Come help us design and implement new infrastructure to support video calls and low-latency video streaming. We hire remote! 🌐
At Daily.co, we build video APIs that let a developer add video chat to any site or app — in minutes, on a global infrastructure, with features for every use case and team. Live video has leapt into mainstream use, and this is just its first phase of growth. Daily.co APIs are designed for this and other key shifts, where video now is part of any app, developers rapidly build with services, and APIs provide value to cross-group product teams.
We are recruiting a Video Systems Engineer to take over architecture and implementation of our video infrastructure, to solve problems like:
- Increasing the number of people we can support in a single video session (currently 200).
- Lowering the connection latency for calls.
- Extending and improving our automatic switching between peer-to-peer and SFU connection modes.
- Implementing SIP trunking for telephone dial-in to video calls.
- Detecting and recovering from a wider variety of failure modes and network issues.
- Building out automated test suites for infrastructure performance and bandwidth management.
- Improving our auto-scaling and overall cluster performance.
Who you are
- You have several years of experience building complex back-end systems that move a lot of data around.
- You like working on interesting problems both at the infrastructure level and the application level.
- You want to work as a key member of a small engineering team.
- You're comfortable working remotely as part of a distributed team.
More about the role and work
- Salary: $150,000 - $190,000 depending on experience. (We evaluate experience relative to the experience of the other members of our team.) Compensation is independent of location, and we offer competitive benefits and equity.
- You'll work with colleagues across the team, and closely with our cofounders.
- As a remote team, we use asynchronous tools and daily reports to stay in the loop. We also have relied on practices like a daily standup call, weekly written updates, and 1:1s with managers. (Here's an older blog post from our CEO on communications heartbeats he's used over time.)
More about us
- Please take a moment to learn about us, https://daily.co/jobs. As it says, we care deeply about what we build and seek kindness and diversity. We think work/life balance is important.
- We believe diversity is part of excellence, and seek teammates from all backgrounds.
- We have an office in San Francisco, but we're a fully distributed company, so remote applicants are definitely encouraged!
- Applying for jobs and interviewing is tough — thanks for considering us. We wrote this to explain our hiring process.
If you are interested in this role but are not sure you are a fit, please reach out to us anyway. Job descriptions are always just starting points, and we would like to meet you and be helpful in any way we can.
If you're interested in joining us as our Video Systems Engineer, please send email to email@example.com.
- Tell us a little bit about why you're interested in what we're doing and any relevant experience you have.
- Attached your resume or LinkedIn.
- Please include links to GitHub or any code samples or blog posts, cheers.
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?