Growth Marketing Manager
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments, and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Status is entering a growth phase, and we're expanding our marketing team to help us reach users and educate developers. You'll be tasked with supporting all of our paid media efforts (working alongside one existing growth marketer on the team), and have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in brand marketing, design, and engineering.
- Lead and support the implementation of our paid marketing strategies, targeted at attracting users to the Status Network.
- Measure and optimize our paid marketing campaigns.
- Write copy for our campaigns, A/B testing to continuously improve the performance.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all paid programs.
- Research new paid search and social opportunities.
- Allocate media budget across Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, Direct Mail, Affiliate, Native, and all other paid media channels and associated fees.
- Develop and evolve creative assets and landing pages.
You ideally will have
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- A strong alignment to our Principles.
- A track record of successful online marketing, including demonstrable experience with paid media and marketing campaigns & strategies.
- Experience marketing technical products across social and search platforms, including campaign optimization.
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, retargeting, social network advertising (Twitter, Reddit, Google, LinkedIn and more), and content distribution and placement networks.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme focus on quality of work and a strong eye for detail.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- Experience working for an open source organisation.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $50,000 - $75,000 USD (paid in local currency or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here.
The hiring process for this role will be fully remote (like the job itself), and will consist of:
- Interview with Ceri from our People Ops team
- Interview with Carl, our co-founder
- Interview with Jonny, the Marketing team lead.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new growth marketer (you?) to join the team as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of April 2020.
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?