CG Artist (Freelance)
SILICON VALLEY product ingenuity x LAS VEGAS integrated resort experience x ASIA PACIFIC games market = PLAYSTUDIOS ASIA, based in Hong Kong!
We are a mobile / social games company competing in the fast-growing and dynamic mobile / social games market with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘play for fun' model.
Our mission is to make the industry's most beautiful, engaging, and polished games in partnership with iconic travel, hospitality, and entertainment brands and offer aspirational travel and leisure experiences as loyalty rewards to our best customers. We are growing our team of world-class product, engineering, marketing, and loyalty talent!
Playstudios Hong Kong is looking for a CG ARTIST to model, surface, and render discrete scopes of content production work.
- Create CG models of characters, props, and scenes for slot games, meta features, and live operations events using concept art prepared by the Concept Artists and Lead Artists
- Receive revision notes from the CG Lead and Lead Artists and make quick turnaround iterations of model geometry
- Test various material rendering options to suit the needs of the project style
- Render various angles of modeled objects & create simple animated icon & logo
- image sequences as-needed
- Work with Content Engineers as-needed to ensure all CG assets are performance-compliant in the Unity engine.
- Experience in game development process
- Proficiency with Maya and/or Modo
- A portfolio / demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of CG modelling (high poly to low poly), surfacing, skinning/rigging, lighting
- Communicative, motivated, and meets deadlines
- Self-directed, driven; willing to ask for help or engage assistance
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience with Spine Animator
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hours
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Easy online sharing platform to reduce unnecessary meetings
- Path towards Fulltime Remote status -or- Fulltime Onsite (our Freelancers often become Fulltime staff)
- Applications must include a link to your online portfolio.
- You may be expected to complete a paid art test as a part of the interviewing procedure.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?