UI Graphic Artist
Playstudios Asia - Orion
We compete in the dynamic mobile / social games market in the Asia Pacific with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘freemium’ model. Our games model is ‘play for fun’ only, and legal in all of the market jurisdictions that we operate in.
The Orion division is a 100% distributed team of Playstudios, there are no physical offices, our team members are scattered across the globe - we work from the comfort of our home! To us, happiness is the result of being able to embrace flexible hours, and working on tasks that are meaningful. We don’t think that a great job should require you to uproot your life and your family, or that a life event should force you out of a great job. We want to work with great people no matter where your life takes you.
- No need to feel stressed over commute.
- Smart people like you don't need to be told what to do. The team culture is focused on getting you A.M.P-ed UP!
- Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose
- We value talents that can form a P.A.C.T with the team.
- Proactive, Assertive, Communicative & Transparent
- Hours are flexible, but we require 2-4 hours of overlap for communication. We operate in GMT+8 Hong Kong
Playstudios Asia - Orion is looking for an experienced and ambitious UI Graphic Artist to create elegant and rewarding user interfaces that clearly communicate in-game information, while delighting both new and engaged players, and adding to a captivating player experience. In collaboration with the Creative Team, you will design UX and UI for our casual games, social casino games, metagame promotions, and live operations features, with opportunities to design UI schema for entire new apps.
- Design and Render elegant, engaging and highly performant User Interfaces for the Mobile Gaming platforms
- Collaborate with Creative Directors on the creation of UI concepts, presentation materials, project style-guides, promotional dialogs and final refinements of projects through the production cycle
- Maintaining clear naming conventions and organization for files, folder systems and other hand-off vehicles, and accurately archiving assets and source files
- Managing asset file size and performance issues, and optimizing assets for file size and performance considerations
- Skill in creating from scratch the textures, fonts and illustrations needed for a highly illustrative product portfolio (these are not minimalist environments)
- Strong rendering and illustration skill
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and previsualization tools
- 2+ years experience creating UI/UX for both Facebook and Mobile games
- Keen problem-solving and organizational abilities are necessary among other soft skills
- Creativity, passion and attention to detail
- elf-directed but also collaborative
- Enjoy communicating and presenting your work, taking direction and feedback from stakeholders, staying organized, and managing your time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You will have a well-organized portfolio that shows a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of the casual game space and narrow bandwidth environments
- A self-starter with high level of initiative, you’re proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and resolving conflicts
- As a social game enthusiast, you’re passionate about UX/UI and driven to apply your encyclopedic knowledge of design and the tools you use to draw our players into a net of rewarding and exhilarating eye-candy, and help guide them swiftly and rewardingly through each on-screen engagement
- Interested applicants, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tag [UI Graphic Artist] and (your name)
- The tag is important! Example: [UI Graphic Artist] John Doe
- Please include your portfolio link(s) and a short info about yourself and your experiences. No need for lengthy cover letters.
- During the interview process, there will be a paid art test.
- We highly appreciate your interest in the position, but due to the volume of submissions, we will reach out to those selected for the interview process. Thank you.
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?