You'll work with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to plan, ship, and grow usage and engagement in specific areas of our product. As an early member of our product team, you'll have significant product ownership and will communicate directly with our users to drive continuous improvement.
Developers love our product and rely on it daily to ship and deploy better software. Our passionate users provide a constant stream of thoughtful feedback and love engaging with us to help them and their teams solve their toughest problems.
- Own an area of the product, and drive and inform its product roadmap.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to plan and build the solutions to customer problems.
- Gather customer feedback to validate priorities, improve documentation, and define product requirements.
- Be transparent in your internal and external communication. Sourcegraph is open source, so most discussions are public or in channels where you communicate directly with our customers.
- Be a passionate advocate for a delightful user experience.
This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale.
As a result, we expect:
- Experience working as a software engineer.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution.
- Previous product management experience on a software development or developer tools product.
- Experience building and/or contributing to developer tools.
- Experience working remotely with globally distributed teams.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30-minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach product management at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule 5 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- Product exercise: We give you a problem statement and you walk us through your product process in a 2 hour block.
- Product strategy: We ask you about your past work and accomplishments and how you will apply that to your role at Sourcegraph.
- Team collaboration: We ask you about how you work and communicate in a team setting, and how you handle tricky situations.
- CEO/CTO: We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
If you're interested in Sourcegraph but aren't yet ready to apply, we are still happy to connect and answer any questions that you might have: DM us on Twitter or email email@example.com.
Notice anything wrong with this job post?
Is this job not remote?
Does this job not accept Asian timezones?
Had a bad experience?